Effective Date: 1 September, 2017
To the extent we provide you notice on our Service of different or additional privacy policies or practices (e.g., at the point of our collection), those additional terms shall govern such data collection and use.
Linkable Table of Contents
- What Information Does the Service Collect?We collect and receive certain information about you as you interact with our Service, explained further in this Section.More
- Information You Provide to UsWe may collect certain Personal Information and Demographic Information (defined below) that you provide to us when you interact with the Service. For example, we may collect this information through various forms and in various places on the Service, including when you sign-up for an account to use the Service or when you otherwise interact with the Service offered on the Service.More
- Information Collected and Stored As You Access and Use the ServiceCertain information may be collected from you automatically when you access and use the Service. For example, we and third parties may use Tracking Technologies (defined below) to collect Usage Information (defined below) based on your Device Identifier (defined below) for a variety of purposes, which may include your activities over time and across third party locations.More
- Location-Based InformationWhen using our Service, we may obtain information about your location or provide other location-based services to you.More
- Information Third Parties Provide About YouWe may obtain information about you from third parties.More
- Interactions with Third-Party ServicesIf you interact with third-party services, those services may send us information about you and you or we may send them information about you.More
- California / Delaware Do Not Track DisclosuresWe do not look for or respond to “do not track” signals, but you may have certain other options regarding tracking and/or targeting.More
- Information You Provide About a Third PartyYou may provide us information about others, such as when you send a friend a message. If so, the information you provide (names, email addresses, etc.) may be used to facilitate the communication, but will not be used for other marketing purposes unless your friend consents. You may be identified to the friend in connection with such a message.More
- Video Content Viewing ActivitiesYour video content viewing activities may be collected through your use of the Services. By viewing our video content, you are consenting to share your video viewing and related media consumption activities with others, including video content you have watched or audio content streamed on the Services. Sharing this information will allow you to take advantage of social networking and other features including the delivery of relevant advertising on the Services. Such sharing may continue for two (2) years or until you withdraw your consent as detailed below.More
- How Do We Use The Information Collected?We use your Personal Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information for a variety of purposes detailed in this Section.More
- How and When Do We Share Information With Third Parties?We may provide your information to third parties under various circumstances detailed in this Section. These may include:More
- When You Request Information From or Provide Information to Third PartiesIf you request information from third parties, request that we send information to third parties or interact with third-party web sites, ads, content or tools (including GitHub and other third party share functionality), we may share your information with such parties and/or they may collect your information directly.More
- Third Parties Providing Services on our BehalfOur vendors may collect your information on our behalf or we may share it with them so that they may provide services to us and you. Some may offer you choices regarding the collection and use of your information.More
- To Protect the Rights of Passionflix and OthersThere are a variety of administrative and legal reasons for which we may share some or all of your information.More
- Affiliates and Business TransferWe may share your information with our affiliates as well as in the event of a sale, merger or similar transaction.More
- Ads and Information About YouWe and third parties may send you targeted ads based on your location, information and/or behavior. If you object, you can exercise choices some third parties may offer.More
- Does Third-Party Content, Links to Third-Party Sites and/or Third-Party Apps Appear on the Service?We may allow you to access third-party content on the Service, or to link to third-party applications and locations from the Service, but we are not responsible for your interaction with third-party content, apps and locations.More
- ow Do I Change My Information and Communications Preferences?You may change certain account information and communications preferences as more fully detailed in this Section.More
- What About the Transfer of Information to the United States?You consent to your data being transferred to the United States.More
- What Should Parents Know About Children?We do not intend to collect Personal Information from children. If you think we have, let us know.More
- What About Security?No data security is absolute, but we endeavor to take reasonable steps to secure data appropriately.More
What Information Does the Service Collect?
Information You Provide to Us
Information Collected and Stored As You Access and Use the Service
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us via our Service, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Service (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Service. To the extent we associate Usage Information with your Personal Information we collect directly from you on the Service, we will treat it as Personal Information.
This Usage Information may include:
- your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Service, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the areas within our Service that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- your Device location;
- your Device characteristics; and
- certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies used on the Service, include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Service. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Unlike Flash cookies, HTML5 cookies do not require a plug-in. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Also, these tools may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, go to Adobe’s website www.adobe.com. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies on your Device, some parts of our Service may not function properly, and that when you revisit our Service your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our Service’s pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or email can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular links were actually viewed.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
ETag, or entity tag. A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner ETags are a form of Device Identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash, and/or HTML5 cookies.
Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user).
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
TargetingRelated. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests on our Service and thirdparty services based on how you interact with our advertisements and/or content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content and ads that have been delivered to you.
Our Service may use location-based services in order to locate you so we may verify your location, deliver you relevant content and ads based on your location as well as to share your location with our vendors as part of the location-based services we offer. You may be able to change the settings on your Device to prevent it from providing us with such information. You should consider the risks involved in disclosing your location information to other people.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
Interactions with Third-Party Services
California / Delaware Do Not Track Disclosures
Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
Information You Provide About a Third Party
You may send someone else a communication from the Service, such as sending an invitation to a friend. If so, the information you provide (names, email addresses, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used by us for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality on our Service, your contact information, name or user name and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s). Some of these tools may be third-party tools subject to third-party privacy policies.
Video Content Viewing Activities
How Do We Use The Information Collected?
- to enable you to participate in a variety of the Service’s features;
- to improve the Service or our Service offerings;
- to customize your experience on the Service or to provide you specific content that is relevant to you;
- to provide customer support;
- to process transactions or provide you with information such as to send you electronic newsletters or to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third parties, including to let you know about new products, services or upcoming events;
- to contact you with regard to your use of the Service and, in our discretion, changes to the Service and/or Service’s policies;
- to identify your product and Service preferences so that you can be informed of new or additional products, services and promotions;
- to improve the overall experience at the Service;
- for internal business purposes; and
How and When Do We Share Information With Third Parties?
When You Request Information From or Provide Information to Third Parties
You may be presented with an option on our Service to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from third parties or to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their Tracking Technologies, content, tools, apps or ads on our Service or link to them from our Service. This may include using third-party tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or other third-party posting or content sharing tools and by so interacting you consent to such third party practices. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
Third Parties Providing Services on our Behalf
We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Service, such as: (i) to assist us in Service operations; (ii) to manage a database of customer information; (iii) hosting the Service; (iv) designing and/or operating the Service’s features; (v) tracking the Service’s activities and analytics; (vi) enabling us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services; and (vii) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including Device Identifiers and Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Third-party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, potentially including Personal Information, about you. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them. However, some may offer you certain choices regarding their practices, and information we have been informed of regarding such choices is available in Section 4 below. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
To Protect the Rights of Passionflix and Others
We may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information (including Device Identifiers and Personal Information) to third parties: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process if in our good faith opinion such is required or permitted by law; (ii) to protect and/or defend the Service’s Terms of Service or other policies applicable to the Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) to protect the safety, rights, property or security of the Service or any third party; and/or (iv) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. Further, we may use IP address or other Device Identifiers to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties such as copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers and/or law enforcement agencies, including disclosing such information to third parties, all in our discretion, subject to applicable law. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
Affiliates and Business Transfer
We may share your information, including your Device Identifiers and Personal Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Service or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
Ads and Information About You
Does Third-Party Content, Links to Third-Party Sites and/or Third-Party Apps Appear on the Service?
The Service may contain content, links or apps that are supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect Usage Information and your Device Identifier when pages from the Service are served to you for their own commercial purposes. In addition, when you are on the Service you may be directed to other sites and apps that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by any of these third parties or their sites or apps and they may be tracking you across multiple online services and may be sharing the results of that tracking with us and/or others. These third parties may have their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies and ask you to agree to the same. For example, if you “click” on a link, the “click” may take you off the Service onto a different location. These other online services may associate their Tracking Technologies with you, independently collect information about you, including Personal Information, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We are not responsible for these third-party privacy policies or the practices of Third-Party Owners. Be sure to review any available policies before submitting any personally identifiable information to a third-party application or otherwise interacting with it and exercise caution in connection with these applications. We also encourage you to note when you leave our Service and to review the third-party privacy policies of all third-party locations and exercise caution in connection with them.
ow Do I Change My Information and Communications Preferences?
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration. The Service may allow you to review, correct or update Personal Information you have provided through the Service’s registration forms or otherwise by updating your Service account, and you may provide registration updates and changes by contacting us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If so, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we may retain prior information as business records). Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. When you edit your Personal Information or change your preferences on the Service, information that you remove may persist internally for Passionflix’s administrative purposes. You may cancel or modify our email marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional emails. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions and if your opt-out is limited to certain types of emails the opt-out will be so limited. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Service, such as administrative and Service announcements and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
What About the Transfer of Information to the United States?
What Should Parents Know About Children?
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive world. We are a general audience service and do not use the Service to knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) that requires parental notice and consent under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) without such parental consent. If you are a child under thirteen (13) years of age, you are not permitted to use the Service and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Service.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected personal information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with COPPA and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information without COPPA-required consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
What About Security?
We endeavor to incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Service and provide us with your information at your own risk.